This dessert hummus recipe is perfect for the fall. This Pumpkin Pie Dessert Hummus is loaded with that pumpkin pie flavor you love without all the calories.
Why Make Dessert Hummus
Most of the time when you hear the word hummus you think of savory type flavors. We love garlic, red pepper, and even spicy chili hummus recipes. They go perfect with a plate of vegetables or pitas.
One overlooked hummus is the dessert hummus. We tried a couple of different Boar's Head dessert hummus creations and knew we had to recreate them. There is nothing like the power of the chickpea with those dessert flavors you love.
It literally has all the flavors of that delicious pumpkin pie but without the eggs, dairy, and crust.
- Pumpkin Pie Hummus is the perfect fall dessert. It’s packed with chickpeas, pumpkin puree, and spices that will make your taste buds sing! It’s also vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy it. And it only takes 10 minutes to make!
- Vegan and Low Carb - Tastes like fall in every bite – but without all the fat and calories of traditional pumpkin pie.
- An amazing party appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner (or any other holiday). Everyone will love this healthy twist on classic pumpkin pie flavors.
It doesn't take much to make this easy dessert hummus. All you need are some ingredients from your pantry, a food processor or blender, and 10 minutes of free time.
- Chickpeas - Drain and peel the canned chickpeas. This is the primary base in most hummus recipes. These are also known as garbanzo beans. Buy a reduced sodium if you want to cut more salt.
- Sweetener - Use your favorite sweetener. We liked this best with a granulated Monkfruit. Some other sweeteners could include honey, agave, or maple syrup.
- Pumpkin Puree - Make sure you do not get pumpkin pie filling because these have added spice and sugars. Use the pure pumpkin puree, so you can flavor this as you desire
- Spices and Flavorings - pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and sea salt will finish this delicious dessert hummus off.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Hummus
You won’t believe how easy this delicious sweet pumpkin hummus is to make. Follow these simple steps and you will be snacking in no time.
- Drain and peel the chickpeas. Peeling them is optional, but it does make a smoother texture in the hummus.
- Add all the ingredients except the water into a food processor or blender. Pulse until thick.
- Slowly add a little water and pulse again. Continue until you have your desired consistency. If you used a liquid sweetener, you will not need to add as much water.
- Serve the creamy pumpkin hummus in a bowl with apple slices, cinnamon crisps, graham crackers, or pretzel thins.
Take the guess work out of this pumpkin spice hummus recipe with these frequently asked questions. Have other questions not answered? Reach out and we would be happy to answer them.
Store this hummus in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This can be kept for 3-5 days...but it is so delicious that it might not last that long!
One serving of pumpkin pie hummus is about 134 calories. It is vegan but not necessarily a low carb food. Whichever sweetener you choose will increase or decrease the amount of calories in this pumpkin pie dessert hummus. But you can rest knowing that this is a very healthy snack to enjoy instead of a sugar and fat filled cookie.
There are a number of delicious things serve with this sweet hummus. Apple slices, baked cinnamon pita chips, and pretzel thins are some our favorites.
Other Healthy Desserts
- Low Carb Creamsicle Jello
- Low Carb Cherry Parfait
- Chia Pudding Parfaits
- Keto Lava Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites
❤️ THIS RECIPE? If you do, will you consider giving it a 5⭐️ review?
This will help us provide quality recipes for everyone to enjoy!
- 1 - 15 ounce can chick peas, drained and pealed
- ⅓ cup monk fruit sweetener
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Drain and peel the chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients except the water into a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until thick. Use a spatula to move the mixture down each time.
- Slowly add a little water at a time and pulse until you get your desired consistency.
- Serve in a bowl with apple slices, cinnamon crisps, graham crackers, or pretzels.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size ¼ cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 134Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 183mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 6gSugar 5gProtein 7g