Just one bite of this Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad and you will know these vegetables were made to be together! All the flavors of a balsamic caprese salad with cucumber makes eating healthy easy.
Why You Will Love This
For most people, getting in the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables can be difficult. I get it. Sometimes vegetables can be bland and boring. Other times they are loaded with so many other unhealthy ingredients that it destroys the benefits of eating them.
This recipe will change all that. We made the simple cucumber taste amazing and still retain the healthy benefits.
This cucumber mozzarella salad with tomato is incredibly delicious AND simple to make. A homemade balsamic dressing adds a slightly sweet and tangy flavor that is both healthy and tasty.
This may just be your go to veggie salad to serve with chicken or simply add to a bed of baby spinach.
One of the great things with this easy cucumber mozzarella salad is that it needs very few ingredients. Just a little chopping and stirring and this can be on your table in minutes.
For the Salad
- Cucumber - Thinly sliced cucumber gives this dish the perfect base.
- Cherry Tomatoes - These go great in small salads.
- Mozzarella Pearls - This light cheese has a great texture and slightly salty flavor that works great in a caprese salad.
- Red Onion - This is probably my favorite onion for a salad because it is not too strong and adds some great color.
- Fresh Basil - Another main ingredient in a caprese salad that adds a fresh flavor.
For the Dressing
- Avocado Oil - This acts as the base of the dressing.
- Balsamic Vinegar - This gives it a sweet tang.
- Garlic - Just a little garlic is a great Italian ingredient for this dressing.
- Honey - This will bring in a little sweetness and balances the vinegar.
- Red Chili Flakes - This is optional, but will add a little heat to balance it all out.
How to Prepare
Grab a knife and a cutting board. This keto cucumber salad will come together in minutes.
- In one bowl combine the sliced cucumber, diced tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, diced red onion, and chopped basil.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, and red chili flakes.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix well.
- Serve with your favorite grilled protein or on a bed of kale or spinach.
Here is some basic nutritional information for a serving of this Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad.
- Lean - ½
- Green - 2
- Healthy Fat - 1
- Protein - 14 grams
- Carbs - 12 net grams
- Fats - 20 grams
Traditionally, a caprese salad is made up of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil drizzled in balsamic dressing. It is a refreshing salad full of healthy fat and protein. This caprese salad with cucumber is similar, but we add cucumber and onion to it for additional flavor.
There are many diets that this meal will work for. Whether you are keto, low carb, Optavia, Weight Watchers, or just counting your macros, you will find that this tomato cucumber salad with balsamic will fit into your plan.
Cucumber and balsamic vinegar tend to become soggy after a couple days. For this reason, this salad is good in the refrigerator for only about 3 days.
This tomato cucumber mozzarella salad can be served up many different ways. You can pile it on a bed of mixed greens or next to a piece of protein like salmon or grilled chicken. Whatever your preference, you will find it to be delicious.
Other Lean and Green Meals
❤️ THIS RECIPE? If you do, will you consider giving it a 5⭐️ review?
This will help us provide quality recipes for everyone to enjoy!
Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad Recipe
You won't be able to stop at just one bite of this cucumber caprese salad! With its burstingly fresh flavors, it is the ideal dish for any occasion.
For the Salad
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and stir.
- Serve with fresh spinach or grilled protein of your choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 13gNet Carbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 14g
Leave a Reply